Trend of the luxury real estate market? Like every Luxforsale publishes the luxury real estate observatory.
Luxforsale's annual report on luxury properties offers confirmations and many surprises. The first? Visits from abroad are significantly increasing!
3,317 properties, more than 2,000 registered operators, as well as single visitors per day. These numbers were the starting point for the new 2023 Observatory, the annual report that Luxforsale offers to the world of luxury real estate to take an exhaustive picture of the sector. As in last year, also for 2023 there is no shortage of confirmations and, above all, surprises!
Visits from abroad are increasing
It is no secret that Luxforsale has started a solid internalization process and the findings of the 2023 Observatory prove it. According to the report, in the period considered (1 April 2022 - 31 March 2023) foreign visitors increased, going from 20.62% in 2022 to 24.03% in 2023. The main interested parties in the properties on display on Luxforsale come from United States (as much as 3.33%), while Indian visitors enter the top 3 positions (1.75%). The searches from Switzerland, France and Germany are stable, while visits from the Balkan area (Romania, Albania, Greece and Hungary) and from Pakistan are increasing. Compared to last year, there was a drop in visits from Middle Eastern countries (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates).
Italian visitors: Lombardy and Lazio always in the lead
Lombardy and Lazio, on the other hand, are the Italian regions from which the greatest number of visits arrive from Italy, driven by visitors from Milan and Rome, the two cities which, in parallel, are also the most clicked on on the site. As regards search terms, i.e. the most searched keywords, Lombardy and Lazio are in first and second position, respectively gaining 2 and 3 positions compared to 2022. Sicily, which was the most searched region in the last report, passes in third position, while Tuscany, incredibly excluded from the Top Ten in 2022, returns to fourth position.
Milan is instead the most sought-after city, followed by Rome (first in 2022) and Florence. Palermo falls from second to sixth position while Turin gains 5 positions (from ninth to fourth).
Location of luxury properties: the situation beyond Italy
About 90% of luxury properties are located in Italy, the remaining 10% abroad. But where exactly? France is confirmed in first position, followed by Thailand and the Dominican Republic which make their definitive entry into the top 3 positions. Brazil was stable while Albania (sixth) and Kenya (ninth) entered the Top Ten.
Looking at Italy alone, Tuscany confirms itself as the region with the most luxury properties (698), closely followed by Lombardy (648). Liguria is more detached, in third position with 322 prestigious structures. It should be noted that Umbria has entered the rankings (224 properties), which surpasses Lazio and Sardinia.
Requests and super-luxury properties
One of the most impactful analyzes of the Luxforsale 2023 Observatory concerns visits to individual properties and requests. According to the data collected by the portal, the most visited property is located in Sanremo, in Liguria, while the most frequent requests were received for a prestigious residence in Trentino-Alto Adige, whose town is not mentioned for privacy reasons.
Finally, a last mention of super-luxury residences, i.e. those 64 homes present on the portal with a commercial value of over 10,000,000 euros. 30% of these dream homes are located in Lombardy, 17% in Tuscany and 11% in Liguria. This is an important survey, which overturns the data found last year, where Tuscany dominated with 38% followed by Sardinia, with 9%.